Nepal Land Data Portal
- Over half the populations do not have enough land to live on.
- 53% are smallholders and owning less than 0.5 hectare of land.
- 26.1% of agricultural households do not have land to farm on.
- At least 10 % of the rural population (2.3 million people) have absolutely no shelter or farmland of their own.
- About 13 % Dalit occupy only 1 % of total arable land.
- 66% of Nepalese depend on agriculture for their livelihood
- 1,030,000 hectares of agricultural land has not been used though it is agricultural land.
Information on land and agriculture